Monday, December 22, 2008

Project #1- Tote Bag


I found a tutorial for tote bags here and roughly followed it (since I purchased the fabric before I found the tutorial). Then I made the small bag for Matilda. It's full of Domino's here, so she's used it at least once.
I learned a few things about sewing while sewing the larger bag. First, I bent my first needle and jammed my machine. I actually had to take a three weeks off from the project because I was so traumatized by the bending Ü. Now, it doesn't seem like such a big deal and I bought a set of denim needles on Black Friday, so hopefully there will be no more bending. Second, I realized I need to relax and remember basic sewing machine functions- like the wheel on the end that I could have turned to raise the needle back up- how silly we can be when stressed...
I'm excited to sew more tote bags and got some home decor clearance fabric so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment