Monday, December 22, 2008

Project #2- Fabric baskets

I found a tutorial for these little fabric baskets here. I love 'em. I'd like to experiment and make some bigger ones. As you can see two of them are for miscellaneous cords and ipod accessories that have been cluttering our book shelf. The third is housing Bernard's hat for now. This is where the larger ones could come into play... a larger basket could house a hat, gloves, ear pops, and head gator Ü

Here, I'm showing you the nice looking side. I did pretty well and only one of the three has some really bad patchwork. These are actually second generation baskets. I made some pink print ones for Christmas Gifts and sent them away before I took pictures. Matilda was really sad when I said the pink basket was for Grandma and not her so after I wash some more fabric the next thing on my list will be to make one just for her. I think I'll put the handles on the side and perhaps make them longer for her.


P.S. I watched BBC's Wives and Daughter's while making these... Fun!

1 comment:

  1. These are absolutely adorable! I want to sew some for holding toys. They'd sure hold together better than the cardboard boxes I use now.

    ReplyDelete